Sign in

Forum » More General Categories » Fantasy Sports » Thoughts on this trade?
  1. Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Rate This Thread
10-05-2022, 11:47 AM

Thoughts on this trade?

10 team PPR
2qb

I was offered this trade. i had javonte williams and jonathan taylor.

i have Pat FreierMuth as 2nd TE
current RBs are josh jacobs and breece hall. taylor is out and no one else

damien harris and kyle pitts for mark andrews
PS4
New England Patriots
  1. armyr0b
  2. Registered User
  3. armyr0bs avatar
  1. armyr0b
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: Jan 2008
  4. Location: Connecticut, United States
  5. Age: 44
  6. Posts: 5,837
  7. Rep Power: 21,209
10-05-2022, 12:28 PM
That's an awful offer for Andrews given how unstartable Pitts has been. Assuming JT's injury isn't serious your RB situation is fine. Breece gonna be a stud.

Andrews already had almost no target competition and now Bateman is dealing with some kind of foot injury. Sounds like another overall TE1 season is happening.
  1. WHChampion
  2. Registered User
  3. WHChampions avatar
  1. WHChampion
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: May 2012
  4. Location: Pennsylvania, United States
  5. Posts: 5,847
  6. Rep Power: 57,919
10-05-2022, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted By WHChampion
That's an awful offer for Andrews given how unstartable Pitts has been. Assuming JT's injury isn't serious your RB situation is fine. Breece gonna be a stud.

Andrews already had almost no target competition and now Bateman is dealing with some kind of foot injury. Sounds like another overall TE1 season is happening.
I would not take the trade, but I don't think it's as bad as you suggest. Pitts has started slow, but he could easily turn that around and match Andrews numbers in the second half. It's just far more uncertain than Andrews production, but Pitts is not "unstartable".

The two things that make me say no to this are on the RB side. First, Harris is a mid RB2 at best (maybe not even in a 10 team PPR) with a limited ceiling due to RBBC with Stevenson and little pass game usage. Second, Hall and Jacobs are fine to start and Taylor isn't out long term, so the RB situation isn't that bad. It's not even certain that I'd start Harris over Hall this week (and definitely not over Jacobs). So, the deal isn't good because it makes your TE production less certain without providing a clear upgrade to the starting lineup at RB.
  1. Jayarbie
  2. Registered User
  3. Jayarbies avatar
  1. Jayarbie
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: Apr 2010
  4. Age: 52
  5. Posts: 18,398
  6. Rep Power: 132,542
10-05-2022, 01:20 PM
Pitts also popped up on the injury list today so. na. not for the GOAT mark andrews.
  1. Murph0408
  2. Registered User
  3. Murph0408s avatar
  1. Murph0408
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: Feb 2009
  5. Posts: 15,516
  6. Rep Power: 46,043
10-05-2022, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted By Jayarbie
I would not take the trade, but I don't think it's as bad as you suggest. Pitts has started slow, but he could easily turn that around and match Andrews numbers in the second half. It's just far more uncertain than Andrews production, but Pitts is not "unstartable".
Maybe unstartable is strong but I don't see him being a better start than some guys that were pulled off waivers like Everett, Njoku, or Tonyan. They just don't throw enough.
  1. WHChampion
  2. Registered User
  3. WHChampions avatar
  1. WHChampion
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: May 2012
  4. Location: Pennsylvania, United States
  5. Posts: 5,847
  6. Rep Power: 57,919
10-05-2022, 01:53 PM
thanks all. repped.
PS4
New England Patriots
  1. armyr0b
  2. Registered User
  3. armyr0bs avatar
  1. armyr0b
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: Jan 2008
  5. Age: 44
  6. Posts: 5,837
  7. Rep Power: 21,209
10-05-2022, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted By WHChampion
Maybe unstartable is strong but I don't see him being a better start than some guys that were pulled off waivers like Everett, Njoku, or Tonyan. They just don't throw enough.
In the short term, yes, he's not better than those guys, but I also think that Pitts still has a much higher ceiling than those guys and a significantly greater chance of finishing the season as a top 3-5 level TE, so if you trade for Pitts in some kind of package deal for Andrews, you are certainly increasing your TE uncertainty and variance and taking real risk in the process, but you are also getting back a chance to get back to Andrews production at the position, whereas the guys you are listing are more like punting and saying "these guys at least give me something but I'm going to need to make up for this position somewhere, too". Freiermuth fits in that class of TE, too.
  1. Jayarbie
  2. Registered User
  3. Jayarbies avatar
  1. Jayarbie
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: Apr 2010
  4. Age: 52
  5. Posts: 18,398
  6. Rep Power: 132,542
10-05-2022, 02:21 PM
Breece Hall and Josh Jacobs are both literally better than Damien Harris
"One day I won't be able to lift any more. Not I won't want to lift. I mean physically unable. That day could be decades from now or it could be tomorrow. All I know is that's the day I'll wish I could lift more than ever. The day I'd give anything for one more workout, one more set, or one more cardio session. So go hard and enjoy every workout, every set, every rep. Because one day you will wake up and you will never get it back."
-SoutheastBeast1
  1. SoutheastBeast1
  2. Registered User
  3. SoutheastBeast1s avatar
  1. SoutheastBeast1
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: Mar 2013
  4. Age: 37
  5. Posts: 44,145
  6. Rep Power: 243,744
10-05-2022, 03:08 PM
Goodnight sweet prince.
NYR NYM NYK UCONN Nebraska AS Roma
  1. WestAfrica
  2. Registered User
  3. WestAfricas avatar
  1. WestAfrica
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: Dec 2009
  4. Location: California, United States
  5. Posts: 14,743
  6. Rep Power: 145,731
10-05-2022, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted By Jayarbie

The two things that make me say no to this are on the RB side. First, Harris is a mid RB2 at best (maybe not even in a 10 team PPR) with a limited ceiling due to RBBC with Stevenson and little pass game usage. Second, Hall and Jacobs are fine to start and Taylor isn't out long term, so the RB situation isn't that bad. It's not even certain that I'd start Harris over Hall this week (and definitely not over Jacobs). So, the deal isn't good because it makes your TE production less certain without providing a clear upgrade to the starting lineup at RB.
I disagree. This is a horrible trade. I offered Mixon for Andrews and Kelce and I was laughed at. You should be getting a player with greater production than Andrews because TE points are at a premium considering there is a huge gap between Kelce/Andrews and everyone else at the position. Harris is a fringe flex starter for me in my 12 man league. I don't play 10 man leagues but I can't imagine him being an RB2 on any non-zero RB teams. Additionally, Kyle Pitts is a horrible asset right now. He underperformed last year. He has underperformed this year. He has one game over 30 yards this year.

You should factor in Pitts upside but you're waaay too high on his upside. I would much rather gamble on someone like Kittle who at least has a history of being elite.
  1. dyee4613
  2. Registered User
  3. dyee4613s avatar
  1. dyee4613
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: Mar 2015
  4. Age: 33
  5. Posts: 3,957
  6. Rep Power: 12,669