Misc strikes back!

Who knows if BB.com will ever bring the forums back. I certainly hope so, but I'm not holding my breath. Shutting them down after 20 years without notice was undeserved. The writing had been on the wall for a while. In any case, I took steps to preserve the Misc., in case something unfortunate happened. The Misc. is one of the largest and, for better or worse, most influential forums on the Internet. It's part of Internet history.

Obnoxiousbrutes is not associated, endorsed, or connected with Bodybuilding.com in any manner. This forum is a greenfield project, rebuilt from scratch. Not everything was archived, but a significant portion is preserved (the exact depth of the archive is still unknown, even to me). What you see now is less than 10% of the full archive. Unfortunately, partly due to technical limitations, no precautions were taken for other sections of the bodybuilding.com forums. If you have any data, in any form, from the old forums (including Misc.), please let me know.

For 20 years, Bodybuilding.com made the right choice by keeping the forums open and running. It’s clear they didn’t invest much effort in maintaining them in recent years, as they were plagued by spammers, technical difficulties and poor moderation. But 20 years is still 20 years. I believe a large, free, open forum like the Misc. needs to be community-governed, moderated, and kept technically up-to-date.

Q1: I want to register / Can I log in?
The groundwork has been laid to turn this archive into a functional forum. However, this will only be possible with the community's support, especially from moderators. A decision will be made in the coming days. Reopening the forum will also require additional technical work, so don’t expect it to happen immediately. More information will follow soon.

Q2: The site looks weird.
This is an early version of the forum, just enough to get it working reasonably well across most devices. Remember, no code from the old forum is being reused, though the design is heavily inspired by it (and BB.com forums weren't the first to use this style).

Q3: Why do some threads appear in the wrong sections?
This is a result of how the threads were archived. The data for proper categorization exists but hasn't been implemented yet. This will be fixed in a future update.

Q4: Why do many threads only have one or two posts?
This issue affects threads roughly between March to July of 2024, due to limitations in the archiving process. Fortunately, the vast majority of threads are unaffected.