Sign in

Forum » More General Categories » WWE Wrestling Forum » I'm losing interest in AEW
  1. Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Rate This Thread
08-26-2024, 07:36 AM

I'm losing interest in AEW

I got fed up of WWE, so I had been watching AEW since 2022. They had some great moments. I felt the presentation is more mature than WWE, and the in-ring action is better

But last night - I actually didn't order the PPV All-In. I was at home yesterday, with the time to order the event and watch it. But I chose not to. I guess it's hitting me - after 2 years, I'm kinda losing my interest in AEW

The big problem is that I don't like a lot of the wrestlers that they're pushing. Swerve Strickland was the champ, and they're jamming this dude named Will Ospreay down our throats. I don't like either. Back in 2022, I liked watching wrestlers like Moxley, Wardlow, Hangman, MJF, and others
  1. DanteEdmond
  2. Registered User
  3. DanteEdmonds avatar
  1. DanteEdmond
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: Jun 2019
  4. Age: 54
  5. Posts: 4,290
  6. Rep Power: 35,073
08-26-2024, 08:13 AM
The product sucks. Weak leadership putting the boys in charge. The result is mid-carders billed as top talent, no sell twinks who look like the audience instead of wrestlers, and PPV caliber stunt man spots on regular TV with no story and no one caring. Not to mention the loss of Cody, Punk and even Jade who were big draws.
  1. squat_blaster
  2. Registered User
  3. squat_blasters avatar
  1. squat_blaster
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: Dec 2007
  4. Posts: 1,771
  5. Rep Power: 16,016
08-26-2024, 10:01 AM
Phases of AEW

- Fan of the product, able to look past it's problems
- Still a fan but very aware of it's many problems, losing hope
- No longer a fan, too indy, never improves on it's problems, but you enjoy listening to Cornette trash it
- No longer a fan, you kind of hate it and you enjoy listening to Cornette trash it
- No longer a fan and you're so past it, you don't even care to listen to Cornette trash it

… OP is somewhere phase 2 or 3. I'm at the 5th phase. It's not even worth trashing at this point, although with a thread about it here – I just may.

The leadership is a complete joke. Nobody is in charge. Tony allowed nitwit indy pukes to trash his #1 star in the dirt sheets, did nothing when Punk and Page both went off script (first Page, then Punk), sat there like a mute during the Gripebomb, came up with a pathetic non-solution when Punk was healed up, did not take advantage of what would have been the biggest angle they could have done (Punk vs Elite), then fired Punk over a bullchit nothing shove and went on TV crying about it saying it was so awful that he felt his life was in danger. Which, some people assumed it was but then to make sure he was 100% a clown, months later he illegally aired the footage to ensure everyone knew it was a nothingburger and he was the biggest fuking idiot mark to have ever been involved in wrestling.

All the other fumbles, Mone' having this massive multi-million dollar deal, re-signing the Young Bucks to very limited dates but massive money when they are ratings cancer and drove away CM Punk, muti-million dollar Okada deal and allowing him to flounder, do nothing, phone it in and not even hit the gym. Just burning money. Can't wait to hear the specifics of the new TV deal, hopefully it's the final nail in this coffin, fuk AEW, it needs to go away.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer
  1. JUSA
  2. No Agony, No Bragony
  3. JUSAs avatar
  1. JUSA
  2. No Agony, No Bragony
  3. Join Date: Nov 2004
  4. Location: Texas
  5. Posts: 44,272
  6. Rep Power: 458,793
08-26-2024, 10:20 AM
it's an indie with an unlimited budget. nothing about it makes sense. mjf and punk were carrying the show for a while, but even now mjf is starting to get stale.
heart also wants what the dick wants
  1. yieldtonothing
  2. make my nephew an egg
  3. yieldtonothings avatar
  1. yieldtonothing
  2. make my nephew an egg
  3. Join Date: Feb 2021
  4. Posts: 9,797
  5. Rep Power: 193,770
08-26-2024, 10:38 AM
LOTTERY JACKPOT.  I'm Mary Hamilton From the UK. Straight away after Dr. Akereco cast the Lottery spell for me, I felt enveloped by the spell's control. This spell changed my life into riches. I am now out of debt and experiencing the most amazing good luck with the lottery after I won a huge amount of money. I have more luck now than I ever had in my life. I won 12.935,936,30 million pounds. Your lottery spell did wonders, I can’t believe it. Thank you so much sir for dedicating your time to cast the lottery spell for me. I am eternally grateful for the lottery spell Dr. Akereco did for me. You can contact him for a legit lottery number. Email Address: ( drakerecospellcaster@gmail.com ) You can also WhatsApp him at What’s-App: ( +2349077425515 )
  1. mary455
  2. Registered User
  3. mary455s avatar
  1. mary455
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: Aug 2024
  4. Age: 54
  5. Posts: 22
  6. Rep Power: 0
09-04-2024, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted By JUSA
Phases of AEW

- No longer a fan, too indy, never improves on it's problems, but you enjoy listening to Cornette trash it
- No longer a fan, you kind of hate it and you enjoy listening to Cornette trash it
- No longer a fan and you're so past it, you don't even care to listen to Cornette trash it

… OP is somewhere phase 2 or 3. I'm at the 5th phase. It's not even worth trashing at this point, although with a thread about it here – I just may.

The leadership is a complete joke. Nobody is in charge. Tony allowed nitwit indy pukes to trash his #1 star in the dirt sheets, did nothing when Punk and Page both went off script (first Page, then Punk), sat there like a mute during the Gripebomb, came up with a pathetic non-solution when Punk was healed up, did not take advantage of what would have been the biggest angle they could have done (Punk vs Elite), then fired Punk over a bullchit nothing shove and went on TV crying about it saying it was so awful that he felt his life was in danger. Which, some people assumed it was but then to make sure he was 100% a clown, months later he illegally aired the footage to ensure everyone knew it was a nothingburger and he was the biggest fuking idiot mark to have ever been involved in wrestling.

All the other fumbles, Mone' having this massive multi-million dollar deal, re-signing the Young Bucks to very limited dates but massive money when they are ratings cancer and drove away CM Punk, muti-million dollar Okada deal and allowing him to flounder, do nothing, phone it in and not even hit the gym. Just burning money. Can't wait to hear the specifics of the new TV deal, hopefully it's the final nail in this coffin, fuk AEW, it needs to go away.
100% on all of this right down to the stages of being a fan.
"Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind."-Bruce Lee

*Cancer+Tumor Survivor Crew*
  1. GoldenArmKid
  2. 無限-Mugen-Infinite
  3. GoldenArmKids avatar
  1. GoldenArmKid
  2. 無限-Mugen-Infinite
  3. Join Date: Nov 2011
  4. Location: United States
  5. Age: 31
  6. Posts: 6,528
  7. Rep Power: 16,842
09-05-2024, 11:32 AM
Phases of AEW

How was it illegal to air the security footage?

There are good and bad things to AEW just like WWE. Mariah May has been incredible and has star written all over her, imo. I also liked Hangman burning down Swerve’s childhood home. But I love professional wrestlers engaging in criminal activity that should put them in jail but results in a violent match instead. And always will.

I think AEW has an issue in that the women seem hungrier and more creative than a lot of the guys who just seem happy to be there, and I don’t think a women driven promotion can be a major promotion.

I would never root for their demise though. It’s not my money and it’s good to have a place where WWE people who aren’t happy can go and make a decent living. Just hopeful they’ll eventually get better.
  1. cheerupemokid
  2. Part Animal, Part Machine
  3. cheerupemokids avatar
  1. cheerupemokid
  2. Part Animal, Part Machine
  3. Join Date: Mar 2005
  4. Location: Denver, Colorado, United States
  5. Posts: 14,309
  6. Rep Power: 112,447
09-05-2024, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted By cheerupemokid
How was it illegal to air the security footage?
In the UK, you can't air footage of someone without their permission.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer
  1. JUSA
  2. No Agony, No Bragony
  3. JUSAs avatar
  1. JUSA
  2. No Agony, No Bragony
09-05-2024, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted By mary455
LOTTERY JACKPOT.  I'm Mary Hamilton From the UK. Straight away after Dr. Akereco cast the Lottery spell for me, I felt enveloped by the spell's control. This spell changed my life into riches. I am now out of debt and experiencing the most amazing good luck with the lottery after I won a huge amount of money. I have more luck now than I ever had in my life. I won 12.935,936,30 million pounds. Your lottery spell did wonders, I can’t believe it. Thank you so much sir for dedicating your time to cast the lottery spell for me. I am eternally grateful for the lottery spell Dr. Akereco did for me. You can contact him for a legit lottery number. Email Address: ( drakerecospellcaster@gmail.com ) You can also WhatsApp him at What’s-App: ( +2349077425515 )
Hi Mary!
  1. LargePeter
  2. Fuk off, Lahey!
  3. LargePeters avatar
  1. LargePeter
  2. Fuk off, Lahey!
  3. Join Date: Aug 2011
  4. Location: Kuntstralia, Australia
  5. Posts: 30,769
  6. Rep Power: 449,513
09-05-2024, 08:20 PM
What took you so long? WWE is much better now that HHH is running things. AEW is just dreadful.
  1. dabbmw2002
  2. Trolling the trolls.....
  3. dabbmw2002s avatar
  1. dabbmw2002
  3. Join Date: Jan 2007
  4. Location: Maryland, United States
  5. Posts: 55,464
  6. Rep Power: 712,788
09-06-2024, 07:31 AM
Originally Posted By dabbmw2002
What took you so long? WWE is much better now that HHH is running things. AEW is just dreadful.
Yeah but even there, hooboy it's hard to sit through 3 hours of RAW on a Monday. Dynamite's 2 hour format was always one of it's strengths, at least for me.

Nowadays I just kind of keep up with the angles and I'll check out the PLE's, maybe when RAW goes to Netflix I'll tune in now and again, but it's hard when they've got 1.25 hours of decent content stretched over 3 hours…

- Arthur Schopenhauer
  1. JUSA
  2. No Agony, No Bragony
  3. JUSAs avatar
  1. JUSA
  2. No Agony, No Bragony
09-06-2024, 08:10 AM
Yeah but even there, hooboy it's hard to sit through 3 hours of RAW on a Monday. Dynamite's 2 hour format was always one of it's strengths, at least for me.

Nowadays I just kind of keep up with the angles and I'll check out the PLE's, maybe when RAW goes to Netflix I'll tune in now and again, but it's hard when they've got 1.25 hours of decent content stretched over 3 hours…
Don't get me wrong I don't watch the entire show I just watch YouTube stuff usually. I simply don't have time let's watch a 3-hour show nor do I want to. It aint 2000
  1. dabbmw2002
  3. dabbmw2002s avatar
  1. dabbmw2002
  3. Join Date: Jan 2007
  4. Location: Maryland, United States
  5. Posts: 55,464
  6. Rep Power: 712,788