Sign in

Forum » More General Categories » Misc. » **╚═╦═╝** The Official San Francisco 49ers Thread Part VI **╚═╦═╝**
  1. Results 8671 to 8700 of 8783
  2. First
  3. 287
  4. 288
  5. 289
  6. 290
  7. 291
  8. 292
  9. Last
  1. Rate This Thread
02-14-2024, 03:11 PM
https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl...heifs/1703087/

Kyle and Lynch reporters questions(24 min)
There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and…It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!
  1. x-trainer ben
  2. Registered User
  3. x-trainer bens avatar
  1. x-trainer ben
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: Oct 2005
  4. Location: United States
  5. Posts: 46,927
  6. Rep Power: 418,327
02-14-2024, 03:44 PM
DC Wilks fired by Shanny. Shots fired!
  1. DustinTheHuss
  2. Banned
  3. DustinTheHusss avatar
  1. DustinTheHuss
  2. Banned
  3. Join Date: May 2019
  4. Posts: 15,169
  5. Rep Power: 0
02-15-2024, 06:28 AM
Originally Posted By ghostfacedup
yes, go for 2 with basically a rookie QB and put all the pressure on him lol. utterly retarded. I'd much rather force KC to go for 2 and put the pressure on them. basic chit.
Who the pressure is on can be determined by the play call, bro. A two point conversion doesn't have to be a pass when you have CMAC between tackles or Deebo on a jet sweep. Again, this is all determined by a HC who is prepared for a situation prior to actually being in it…….
Epic Beard Man crew

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164109201&page=61
  1. ajdahlheimer
  2. Registered User
  3. ajdahlheimers avatar
  1. ajdahlheimer
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: Jul 2013
  4. Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
  5. Age: 43
  6. Posts: 8,589
  7. Rep Power: 103,757
02-15-2024, 09:10 AM
I said it before the game…we don't play our best game and we lose.

Give a team like KC that many chances and Mahomes will get it done. Honestly I'm less upset about this game than i was in 2019. Yes they were holding, yes there were missed calls but we had plenty of opportunities to get the win and just blew it.

It sucks, it hurts and I feel awful for the guys to come so close and fail. We had a great season and had it fairly good in terms of avoiding key injuries but it just bit us in the ass at the wrong time.

Greenlaw stays healthy and we win that game. I said to my wife as soon as he went down they would attack our backups and start moving the ball.

The fumble on the punt to me is the one that really cost us the game though. I don't know wtf McCloud was doing not just jumping on it and his comments about "I'm a playmaker" pissed me off. You have to understand the moment, fall on the f*cking ball! That was a HUGE momentum change and KC just built on that.

The other injury to Feliciano brought Burford back into the lineup. I like the kid but wow…not blocking Chris Jones on a critical 3rd down is something…

I don't know if we'll be back next year. I don't know what the team will look like heading into the season but I do think Purdy is a guy we can win with. Seeing him make big plays to Conley, Jennings and McCloud tells me he doesn't need the avengers out there to play well.

BUT if we can keep the avengers AND improve the OL then that has to be priority.

We ran into a buzzsaw and I'm not even talking about Mahomes. I'm talking about Spags and that KC defense. They were dominant during this playoff run. Even guys they'd call up from the PS were playing at a high level. McDuffie was absolutely sensational and I wish we made it a point to avoid him. Kind of surprised we featured Deebo so much in the passing game.

Either way…that sh*t is in the past. The move to fire Wilks is being called scapegoating by people who didn't watch this team all year. He wasn't a fit. It will be interesting to see who they bring in/promote to replace him.

My priority for this offseason is simple
Find a way to keep Aiyuk(although part of me thinks a Buckner like trade could happen), in which case find a way to replace Aiyuk
Improve the OL - this draft class looks to be pretty deep at the position and we better go in heavy to keep Brock playing with a clean pocket as much as possible.
Add depth at corner
  1. iamgenus
  2. Registered User
  3. iamgenuss avatar
  1. iamgenus
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: Apr 2006
  4. Posts: 45,909
  5. Rep Power: 156,968
02-15-2024, 09:13 AM
I still want my new kicker!!

great analysis^^^
There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and…It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!
  1. x-trainer ben
  2. Registered User
  3. x-trainer bens avatar
  1. x-trainer ben
  2. Registered User
02-15-2024, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted By demfeelsbro
it's not a dumb conversation it's just people giving their opinions, calm the fuk down. My opinion, and many others, is that no way do you take the ball first in OT unless it's the old rules where a TD on the first drive wins it.
I was screaming to my wife that we didn't elect to take the ball 2nd because to me the advantage is you know what the other team did and you basically have 4 downs to match/exceed it.

However the analytics nerds did a simulation once the rules were made and it was virtually 50/50 on which way is better. It may have actually been fraction of % points in favor of taking the ball first.

The issue there of course is you're playing Mahomes and Andy Reid so Kyle's thought they may get a 3rd possession would've been a moot point since KC at least was claiming they would go for 2(who knows if that would've been the case if they actually had that decision to make in the game)

But 2 points aren't guaranteed as we said here. Get a stop and we win. It's still an advantage of sorts even though you're risking KC getting the 2 points and winning.

The other thing I saw some people bring up. The defense was just on a field for a long drive. Letting the offense go out there first gives the defense a chance to catch their breath.
  1. iamgenus
  2. Registered User
  3. iamgenuss avatar
  1. iamgenus
  2. Registered User
02-15-2024, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted By iamgenus
I was screaming to my wife that we didn't elect to take the ball 2nd because to me the advantage is you know what the other team did and you basically have 4 downs to match/exceed it.

However the analytics nerds did a simulation once the rules were made and it was virtually 50/50 on which way is better. It may have actually been fraction of % points in favor of taking the ball first.

The issue there of course is you're playing Mahomes and Andy Reid so Kyle's thought they may get a 3rd possession would've been a moot point since KC at least was claiming they would go for 2(who knows if that would've been the case if they actually had that decision to make in the game)

But 2 points aren't guaranteed as we said here. Get a stop and we win. It's still an advantage of sorts even though you're risking KC getting the 2 points and winning.

The other thing I saw some people bring up. The defense was just on a field for a long drive. Letting the offense go out there first gives the defense a chance to catch their breath.
Even Mr Pfizer thinks we were crazy for taking the ball 1st. I know we can go back and forth on this, and Kyle made plenty of other stupid calls, but for me this was the nail in the coffin

1. demfeelsbro
  2. Jelqbrah
  3. demfeelsbros avatar
  1. demfeelsbro
  2. Jelqbrah
  3. Join Date: Mar 2014
  4. Posts: 10,152
  5. Rep Power: 111,194
02-15-2024, 07:18 PM
It is horrifying to realize that Kyle did not know the rules of OT. And Wilks looked like he was coaching the defense in OT like the clock was a factor. This is absurd. These guys did not have their sh!t together. This sh!t is unacceptable. But Kyle is gonna keep his job because Jed York is a clown and there's nobody better to replace him. I have no faith in this current regime. I will always be a 49er fan regardless. Love the players. But until this current regime prove themselves, fuk them.
  1. markkillerings
  2. Registered User
  3. markkilleringss avatar
  1. markkillerings
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: Sep 2018
  4. Age: 54
  5. Posts: 9,212
  6. Rep Power: 71,507
02-15-2024, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted By markkillerings
It is horrifying to realize that Kyle did not know the rules of OT.
Kyle knew the rules. the rumor was a couple players didn't know the rules. who really cares?

this has been the best regime they've had since Seifert. They JUST found a guy who possibly be their QB of the future and you want Kyle to not "keep his job"? the QB is young and is a great fit for Kyle's system. Kid is like 24 years old with balls of steel.

this begs the question, are you retarded?

you HAVE to give Kyle and Brock at least 3 years together, or you're bat**** insane. Reid got like 20 years in philly and didn't have this success in 20 years that Kyle has had in 8.

If you lose Kyle, you're not gonna like you what happens to this current team, especially Brock, I can promise you that (they love him, especially the best guys like CMC, Kittle, Deebo). Look at what happened to Jimmy after he left Kyle.
  1. ghostfacedup
  2. Registered User
  3. ghostfacedups avatar
  1. ghostfacedup
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: Apr 2005
  4. Posts: 13,444
  5. Rep Power: 80,672
02-15-2024, 10:41 PM
Kyle knew the rules. the rumor was a couple players didn't know the rules. who really cares?

this has been the best regime they've had since Seifert. They JUST found a guy who possibly be their QB of the future and you want Kyle to not "keep his job"? the QB is young and is a great fit for Kyle's system. Kid is like 24 years old with balls of steel.

this begs the question, are you retarded?

you HAVE to give Kyle and Brock at least 3 years together, or you're bat**** insane. Reid got like 20 years in philly and didn't have this success in 20 years that Kyle has had in 8.

If you lose Kyle, you're not gonna like you what happens to this current team, especially Brock, I can promise you that (they love him, especially the best guys like CMC, Kittle, Deebo). Look at what happened to Jimmy after he left Kyle.
Go to :44 of this video. This doesn't sound like Kyle knew the OT rules if he's talking about wanting to get the touchdown to not give Pat a chance. Let me know if I'm not hearing this correctly.

1. markkillerings
  2. Registered User
  1. markkillerings
  2. Registered User
02-15-2024, 11:00 PM
Go to :44 of this video. This doesn't sound like Kyle knew the OT rules if he's talking about wanting to get the touchdown to not give Pat a chance. Let me know if I'm not hearing this correctly.

he's probably talking about the last drive in regulation. They had a chance to run out the clock if they got a first down and continued their drive. If they score a Td there the Chiefs barely have any time left. Regardless this is RIGHT after they lost, he's probably just talking automatically at this point and not really thinking.

they knew the rules though man, the ref pretty much tells them.
  1. ghostfacedup
  2. Registered User
  3. ghostfacedups avatar
  1. ghostfacedup
  2. Registered User
02-15-2024, 11:08 PM
he's probably talking about the last drive in regulation. They had a chance to run out the clock if they got a first down and continued their drive. If they score a Td there the Chiefs barely have any time left. Regardless this is RIGHT after they lost, he's probably just talking automatically at this point and not really thinking.

they knew the rules though man, the ref pretty much tells them.
That is not what he is talking about and you know it. It makes no sense in that context. Even if they score a touchdown, Pat still has a chance. He could have simply said that they should have ran out the clock and kicked a field goal to win it if he's talking about regulation. It sounds like he's referring to the old OT rules here where scoring a touchdown first wins the game. That's what he means.

This dude legit did not know the OT rules.
  1. markkillerings
  2. Registered User
  1. markkillerings
  2. Registered User
02-16-2024, 03:55 AM
That is not what he is talking about and you know it. It makes no sense in that context. Even if they score a touchdown, Pat still has a chance. He could have simply said that they should have ran out the clock and kicked a field goal to win it if he's talking about regulation. It sounds like he's referring to the old OT rules here where scoring a touchdown first wins the game. That's what he means.

This dude legit did not know the OT rules.
yep, plus he went on to talk about how we could have got them off the field on 4th down but didn't - which happened after our drive in OT
  1. demfeelsbro
  2. Jelqbrah
  3. demfeelsbros avatar
  1. demfeelsbro
  2. Jelqbrah
02-16-2024, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted By DustinTheHuss
DC Wilks fired by Shanny. Shots fired!

Scapegoating your black DC because you were dumb enough to want the ball first in OT/not know the new rules of playoff OT. Classic KKKyle.
All it takes is Mookie Betts, Steph Curry, and Joe Burrow all sitting in the same car in order for one drunk driver to make the world a significantly better place.
  1. YoungMetro24
  2. Great Account
  3. YoungMetro24s avatar
  1. YoungMetro24
  2. Great Account
  3. Join Date: Apr 2016
  5. Posts: 8,394
  6. Rep Power: 11,649
02-16-2024, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted By YoungMetro24
Scapegoating your black DC because you were dumb enough to want the ball first in OT/not know the new rules of playoff OT. Classic KKKyle.
Narrow thinking; maybe they didn't get along.
  1. x-trainer ben
  2. Registered User
  3. x-trainer bens avatar
  1. x-trainer ben
  2. Registered User
02-16-2024, 07:39 AM
Look, when you're giving up an average 17 points all season and then give up average 25 in the playoffs, you're in for a coinflip. All the playoff games were coinflips for us and this one didn't go our way. The way we were playing in the playoffs, we should have lost the 1st game. I'm glad we got as far as we did. There is certainly blame to be put on offense not producing enough points with the talent they have but if you look at all the games we lost, majority were because the defense **** the bed. Don't get me started on the kicker situation as well. How do you miss an extra ****ing point?!.. This kicker is anything but clutch and will end up costing us lots of coinflip games.
49ers, Lakers, A's, Stanford
Automotive/Smog tech
2004 modded FXT

Reps for life : Niner fans, Jetlife
  1. WRXbrah
  2. Punjabi
  3. WRXbrahs avatar
  1. WRXbrah
  2. Punjabi
  3. Join Date: Apr 2009
  4. Location: San Jose, California, United States
  5. Posts: 7,111
  6. Rep Power: 7,629
02-16-2024, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted By YoungMetro24
Uhh maybe you forget but there was another black dc before him as well that was pretty successful and got promoted to a hc or a muslim dc before that who also got promoted to a hc. Keep your race baiting troll posts out of this thread.
Automotive/Smog tech
2004 modded FXT

1. WRXbrah
  2. Punjabi
  3. WRXbrahs avatar
  1. WRXbrah
  2. Punjabi
02-16-2024, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted By WRXbrah
Uhh maybe you forget but there was another black dc before him as well that was pretty successful and got promoted to a hc or a muslim dc before that who also got promoted to a hc. Keep your race baiting troll posts out of this thread.
That dude is a troll who needs friends.
  1. markkillerings
  2. Registered User
  1. markkillerings
  2. Registered User
02-16-2024, 07:54 AM
Look, when you're giving up an average 17 points all season and then give up average 25 in the playoffs, you're in for a coinflip. All the playoff games were coinflips for us and this one didn't go our way. The way we were playing in the playoffs, we should have lost the 1st game. I'm glad we got as far as we did. There is certainly blame to be put on offense not producing enough points with the talent they have but if you look at all the games we lost, majority were because the defense **** the bed. Don't get me started on the kicker situation as well. How do you miss an extra ****ing point?!.. This kicker is anything but clutch and will end up costing us lots of coinflip games.
Exactly. This team has not looked right since the Ravens game.

As for Wilks, he was gone regardless of the results of the SB.
  1. markkillerings
  2. Registered User
  1. markkillerings
  2. Registered User
02-16-2024, 07:55 AM
yep, plus he went on to talk about how we could have got them off the field on 4th down but didn't - which happened after our drive in OT
This.
  1. markkillerings
  2. Registered User
  1. markkillerings
  2. Registered User
02-16-2024, 08:41 AM
The whole OT fiasco is stupid. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if you kick or receive if you don't put up a 7 against the Chiefs. Yes the second team has a chance to end it with an 8 but that's some Dan Campbell **** and I'll take my chances. We failed to score because CMC was spent and we had 0 creativity in the playcalling to account for their pass rush.
Automotive/Smog tech
2004 modded FXT

1. WRXbrah
  2. Punjabi
  3. WRXbrahs avatar
  1. WRXbrah
  2. Punjabi
02-16-2024, 08:52 AM
Even Mr Pfizer thinks we were crazy for taking the ball 1st. I know we can go back and forth on this, and Kyle made plenty of other stupid calls, but for me this was the nail in the coffin

What he thinks is irrelevant. They won the game so they can laugh it off. There were several reasons why taking the ball first made sense.

If Burford blocks Chris Jones we score a TD on the opening drive and then we see if KC scores their TD and what they do after it. They said they would go for 2…we'll never know now.

Fact remains that the decision to take the ball first wasn't insane. Not with the defense being tired and not looking great to close out regulation.
  1. iamgenus
  2. Registered User
  3. iamgenuss avatar
  1. iamgenus
  2. Registered User
02-16-2024, 08:54 AM
The whole OT fiasco is stupid. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if you kick or receive if you don't put up a 7 against the Chiefs. Yes the second team has a chance to end it with an 8 but that's some Dan Campbell **** and I'll take my chances. We failed to score because CMC was spent and we had 0 creativity in the playcalling to account for their pass rush.
We failed to score cuz Burford had to play for an injured Feliciano and somehow decided on a key 3rd and 4 that blocking Chris Jones wasn't needed. The play was a TD whether Brock had time to find Jennings or WAO Aiyuk.
  1. iamgenus
  2. Registered User
  3. iamgenuss avatar
  1. iamgenus
  2. Registered User
02-16-2024, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted By x-trainer ben
Narrow thinking; maybe they didn't get along.
it was more because Wilks sucked and Shanahan was having to help with the gameplans.
  1. ghostfacedup
  2. Registered User
  3. ghostfacedups avatar
  1. ghostfacedup
  2. Registered User
02-16-2024, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted By iamgenus
We failed to score cuz Burford had to play for an injured Feliciano and somehow decided on a key 3rd and 4 that blocking Chris Jones wasn't needed. The play was a TD whether Brock had time to find Jennings or WAO Aiyuk.
yup. the OL choked massively. Mainly Burford on multiple plays. Also the idea that Shanahan abandoned the run is pure bull****:

https://twitter.com/richjmadrid/stat...94433278034006

the OL totally choked this game away. And that falls on Shanny and Lynch…they don't invest in OL and it bit them in the ass. I'll just say if they want Brock to be a good QB they better invest in the OL from here on out.
  1. ghostfacedup
  2. Registered User
  3. ghostfacedups avatar
  1. ghostfacedup
  2. Registered User
02-19-2024, 09:10 AM
Which was the bigger debacle of 2023 post season? The Damar Hamlin Fake punt in their own 15 yard line in the Bills-Chiefs game or KS not deferring in OT?

Close call!
  1. jimmybobjim
  2. Registered User
  3. jimmybobjims avatar
  1. jimmybobjim
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: Feb 2020
  5. Posts: 1,554
  6. Rep Power: 20,052
02-19-2024, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted By jimmybobjim
Which was the bigger debacle of 2023 post season? The Damar Hamlin Fake punt in their own 15 yard line in the Bills-Chiefs game or KS not deferring in OT?

Close call!
Ks not deferring isn't a debacle. it was the right move.
  1. ghostfacedup
  2. Registered User
  3. ghostfacedups avatar
  1. ghostfacedup
  2. Registered User
02-20-2024, 08:40 AM
Ks not deferring isn't a debacle. it was the right move.
We can argue whether it was the right move or not but it 100% wasn't a debacle. The execution in OT was the issue, not the decision on who gets the ball first.

We didn't score a TD on offense and then failed to stop KC from scoring their TD. You do that in OT in the other order and you lose the game the same way.

Analytics are virtually split on teh matter. Team simply didn't get the job done.
  1. iamgenus
  2. Registered User
  3. iamgenuss avatar
  1. iamgenus
  2. Registered User
02-20-2024, 09:39 AM
yup. the OL choked massively. Mainly Burford on multiple plays. Also the idea that Shanahan abandoned the run is pure bull****:

https://twitter.com/richjmadrid/stat...94433278034006

the OL totally choked this game away. And that falls on Shanny and Lynch…they don't invest in OL and it bit them in the ass. I'll just say if they want Brock to be a good QB they better invest in the OL from here on out.
Guarantee they won't learn from this (same as the Eagles game last year) and won't invest in their O-line. Successful teams see QB as most important, then protecting the QB as 2nd priority…OL doesn't seem to register anywhere on Shanny's priority list.
  1. demfeelsbro
  2. Jelqbrah
  3. demfeelsbros avatar
  1. demfeelsbro
  2. Jelqbrah
02-20-2024, 12:08 PM
It hurts but guess what?
We made it past the Packers and we shouldn't have beaten the Lions but did; so as close as this was, we were a bit shaky in playoff performance and i will take 2nd best.
  1. x-trainer ben
  2. Registered User
  3. x-trainer bens avatar
  1. x-trainer ben
  2. Registered User