Sign in

Forum » More General Categories » Misc. » Misc Firearms Crew LXXXII: Stamp Collecting Brandon Style...Bracing for Ultra Amnesty
  1. Results 91 to 120 of 5712
  2. First
  3. 1
  4. 2
  5. 3
  6. 4
  7. 5
  8. 6
  9. Last
  1. Rate This Thread
09-12-2022, 05:32 AM
Morning, MFC.
*MFC Elder Statesmen Cabinet Crew*

Has experience with a Belgian Malinois
  1. PapaBurgandy
  2. RIP YGST
  3. PapaBurgandys avatar
  1. PapaBurgandy
  2. RIP YGST
  3. Join Date: Mar 2008
  4. Location: Norman, Oklahoma, United States
  5. Posts: 32,150
  6. Rep Power: 230,527
09-12-2022, 07:36 AM
innnnn
S&P Crew, Cologne Crew, Crypto Crew

For sale CC:
10ml B22 (SOLD)
10ml La Yuqawam (SOLD)

5ml Tom Ford Oud Wood - full presentation = stock TF glass container with gold label (SOLD)
10ml Tom Ford Plum Japonias
Pure Malt - 99% full comes with box
Rochas Man - BNIB (SOLD)

For Sale S&P:
Allen Edmonds Black Park Avenue 12D only worn a handfull of times.
  1. Horse86
  2. Registered User
  3. Horse86s avatar
  1. Horse86
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: Jul 2006
  4. Location: Pennsylvania, United States
  5. Posts: 4,988
  6. Rep Power: 66,396
09-12-2022, 12:50 PM
Solid day running drills yesterday with a pretty fun one we spent a good amount on.

First position is 100m from targets. Shoot five rounds from unstable/awkward positions at the cars (open car doors, sitting inside shooting out the windshield, etc.) on target 1.
Run to second firing position at 75m from targets. Shoot five rounds from kneeling supported on a half silhouette target behind cover (target 2).
Run to third firing position at 50m from targets. Shoot five rounds from standing position on target 3.
Run to fourth firing position at 25m from targets and begin walking forward while shooting ten rounds on target 4.

Did it for time and scoring hits on USPSA silhouettes. I'm more concerned with minute of man, but it's a good way to measure which positions/fatigue levels give you trouble.

Misc Firearms Crew
11B Crew
Beat LA
MAGA
  1. RThoe
  2. Registered User
  3. RThoes avatar
  1. RThoe
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: Oct 2009
  4. Location: California, United States
  5. Posts: 14,227
  6. Rep Power: 188,688
09-12-2022, 12:58 PM
^ Where you shooting bruh? What part of the state?
  1. AyyyLmao69
  2. Banned
  3. AyyyLmao69s avatar
  1. AyyyLmao69
  2. Banned
  3. Join Date: Sep 2022
  4. Posts: 241
  5. Rep Power: 0
09-12-2022, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted By AyyyLmao69
^ Where you shooting bruh? What part of the state?
I moved to Utah earlier this year, my location on here isn't accurate and I don't care enough to change it lol. But it's a private range with 24/7 gated access. Has 20 something different shooting bays, ranging from short distance pistols, to long range precision, to structures and shoot houses. There are a couple dozen cars scattered around the range as well that can be moved around. Pretty sweet range, for sure.
Misc Firearms Crew
11B Crew
Beat LA
MAGA
  1. RThoe
  2. Registered User
  3. RThoes avatar
  1. RThoe
  2. Registered User
09-12-2022, 03:06 PM
Moving from CA to a free state must feel pretty awesome.
  1. Brozef
  2. ‎ ‎ ‎
  3. Brozefs avatar
  1. Brozef
  2. ‎ ‎ ‎
  3. Join Date: Mar 2013
  4. Location: Maine, United States
  5. Posts: 12,742
  6. Rep Power: 199,789
09-12-2022, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted By RThoe
I moved to Utah earlier this year, my location on here isn't accurate and I don't care enough to change it lol. But it's a private range with 24/7 gated access. Has 20 something different shooting bays, ranging from short distance pistols, to long range precision, to structures and shoot houses. There are a couple dozen cars scattered around the range as well that can be moved around. Pretty sweet range, for sure.

Sounds fun AF.

What does it cost and you can shoot at night too?
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu purple belt

guns
god
jiu jitsu
  1. bluebeltATT
  2. Registered User
  3. bluebeltATTs avatar
  1. bluebeltATT
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: Jan 2009
  4. Posts: 24,062
  5. Rep Power: 143,557
09-12-2022, 03:27 PM
Dat dere Chinese SKS, sold it years ago. Was pretty fun, worst sights in the history of everything. Covered the entire plate at 100 yards

Carbine is the homies

1. AyyyLmao69
  2. Banned
  3. AyyyLmao69s avatar
  1. AyyyLmao69
  2. Banned
09-12-2022, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted By pUniCepts

Striker fired are probably more dangerous, especially ones like Glock that don't have a manual safety. If you don't have a manual safety you should absolutely have an empty chamber, imo.
With empty chamber AND manual safety on, you are in a much better position if someone grabs your gun out of your holster, especially a child. Much more time to get your gun back while they figure out why it won't shoot. Of course, this does not affect YOU drawing and shooting rapidly because you have (or should) trained to rack slide and disengage safety after draw.
You and I are on the same page brother. No manual safety. I don't want to end up like that cop did.
"There are some who do not fear death for they are more afraid of really living."-Ancient proverb

Between the buried and me
  1. jiujitsubro
  2. Registered User
  3. jiujitsubros avatar
  1. jiujitsubro
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: Oct 2014
  4. Age: 33
  5. Posts: 9,275
  6. Rep Power: 47,653
09-12-2022, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted By jiujitsubro
You and I are on the same page brother. No manual safety. I don't want to end up like that cop did.

In my city there was a cop who accidentally discharged his weapon in the office , like legit how does that even happen?

How do veteran cops shoot themselves in the arse and discharge a weapon?

guns
god
jiu jitsu
  1. bluebeltATT
  2. Registered User
  3. bluebeltATTs avatar
  1. bluebeltATT
  2. Registered User
09-12-2022, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted By bluebeltATT
In my city there was a cop who accidentally discharged his weapon in the office , like legit how does that even happen?

How do veteran cops shoot themselves in the arse and discharge a weapon?
1. Lots of opportunity, especially as a long time officer, many many opportunities handling a loaded firearm for something to go wrong because some do it regularly (then there are those who only draw it for their annual qualification…)

2. Most cops are not gun people, most cops are not skilled with a firearm, most cops only do the minimum to get/keep their job and many cops had never handled or shot a firearm, or at least handgun, before the academy.

3. Most cops are not skilled with a firearm.

4. There are a ton of cops out there all with constant opportunities handling a firearm so just opportunities galore
  1. Farley1324
  2. I can do this all day
  3. Farley1324s avatar
  1. Farley1324
  2. I can do this all day
  4. Location: Cumming, Georgia, United States
  5. Posts: 130,807
  6. Rep Power: 564,644
09-12-2022, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted By Farley1324
1. Lots of opportunity, especially as a long time officer, many many opportunities handling a loaded firearm for something to go wrong because some do it regularly (then there are those who only draw it for their annual qualification…)

2. Most cops are not gun people, most cops are not skilled with a firearm, most cops only do the minimum to get/keep their job and many cops had never handled or shot a firearm, or at least handgun, before the academy.

4. There are a ton of cops out there all with constant opportunities handling a firearm so just opportunities galore

This makes sense, but you would think they would know ahead of time going into the academy that they would have to handle firearms.

guns
god
jiu jitsu
  1. bluebeltATT
  2. Registered User
  3. bluebeltATTs avatar
  1. bluebeltATT
  2. Registered User
09-12-2022, 04:29 PM
This makes sense, but you would think they would know ahead of time going into the academy that they would have to handle firearms.
They do, but that changes 0 about any of those things

And in fact, the department will tell them during the hiring process/after being selected, not to do anything with firearms/training/instruction until the academy…which is smart, as anybody with any experience instructing anybody will attest
  1. Farley1324
  2. I can do this all day
  3. Farley1324s avatar
  1. Farley1324
  2. I can do this all day
09-12-2022, 05:02 PM
Question if anyone knows the answer.

A friend of mine is in the military and currently lives in Texas. He is moving to California where I am. Because he is changing his residence from Texas to CA, I believe he can bring in pretty much whatever he wants to CA, then he can private transfer whatever he wants to me now that he's in CA.

Does this sound right?

Also what would be some good options I could tell him to get before he moves?
  1. Bigbuster1
  2. 41oz King
  3. Bigbuster1s avatar
  1. Bigbuster1
  2. 41oz King
  3. Join Date: Aug 2013
  4. Posts: 6,594
  5. Rep Power: 86,766
09-12-2022, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted By Bigbuster1

A friend of mine is in the military and currently lives in Texas. He is moving to California where I am. Because he is changing his residence from Texas to CA, I believe he can bring in pretty much whatever he wants to CA, then he can private transfer whatever he wants to me now that he's in CA.

Does this sound right?

He certainly cannot bring whatever he wants.

Pistols:

Any pistol, as long as it does not have a threaded barrel.

Rifles:

Must be compliant with California laws. Either apply a magazine lock or pin the stock, remove any vertical foregrips, and add a fin grip. If he wants to deal with the compliance trash later, separate the upper and lower, and run a cable lock through either one to be extra safe. California is as gay as it gets. If its a gun you cant separate like an AK, make sure its compliant with a stupid fin grip to avoid any trouble. Its a felony in Cali.

Tell him to buy 320's, Gen 5 Glocks, Beretta M9A3/4, CZ Shadows, and sell them at 2x value.
  1. AyyyLmao69
  2. Banned
  3. AyyyLmao69s avatar
  1. AyyyLmao69
  2. Banned
09-12-2022, 05:08 PM

Does this sound right?

He cannot bring in pretty much whatever he wants.

He can likely bring in things that you as a current CA resident can't bring in.

I am under the impression that no private transfers are legal in CA, everything must go through an FFL, so, ask a local FFL
  1. Farley1324
  2. I can do this all day
  3. Farley1324s avatar
  1. Farley1324
  2. I can do this all day
09-12-2022, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted By Brozef
Moving from CA to a free state must feel pretty awesome.
It was. Not just for 2A rights, but not being surrounded by retarded leftists anymore is also awesome.

Sounds fun AF.

What does it cost and you can shoot at night too?
I paid like right around $500 for the year (may have just been under that, can't remember). There are about 45 members IIRC. The range makes its money off hosting courses there, not annual membership fees. Plus, they also have a small FFL/SOT business. Pretty sick place.

24/7 means 24/7, baby. I've done some night shoots there so far (under white light since I'm too pussy to buy NODs yet).
Misc Firearms Crew
11B Crew
Beat LA
MAGA
  1. RThoe
  2. Registered User
  3. RThoes avatar
  1. RThoe
  2. Registered User
09-12-2022, 05:09 PM

Tell him to buy 320's, Gen 5 Glocks, Beretta M9A3/4, CZ Shadows, and sell them at 2x value.
As far as I know, buying a gun with the intent of selling it for a profit, without an FFL, is a federal crime.

There are particulars to that and it may not be as simple as that, but, that is kind of the gist of what the AFT is going to be more than happy to pursue against an otherwise non-criminal
  1. Farley1324
  2. I can do this all day
  3. Farley1324s avatar
  1. Farley1324
  2. I can do this all day
09-12-2022, 05:11 PM
As far as I know, buying a gun with the intent of selling it for a profit, without an FFL, is a federal crime.

There are particulars to that and it may not be as simple as that, but, that is kind of the gist of what the AFT is going to be more than happy to pursue against an otherwise non-criminal
Always go through an FFL. But also, bringing in 2-4 guns and selling them over the course of some time isnt a big deal. Obviously dont bring in 30 glocks and sell them within the month.
  1. AyyyLmao69
  2. Banned
  3. AyyyLmao69s avatar
  1. AyyyLmao69
  2. Banned
09-12-2022, 05:34 PM
I paid like right around $500 for the year (may have just been under that, can't remember). There are about 45 members IIRC. The range makes its money off hosting courses there, not annual membership fees. Plus, they also have a small FFL/SOT business. Pretty sick place.

24/7 means 24/7, baby. I've done some night shoots there so far (under white light since I'm too pussy to buy NODs yet).

That's not bad at all

Most ranges in my area are in the $400-$500 range

If i lived in that area i would most def. get a membership.

It seems more real world situation than firing rounds at a paper target

guns
god
jiu jitsu
  1. bluebeltATT
  2. Registered User
  3. bluebeltATTs avatar
  1. bluebeltATT
  2. Registered User
09-12-2022, 05:51 PM
glad to hear you got out of that commie sh_thole of a state.
Merica

<I.L.H.|C.O.E.>

RIP YGST
  1. 4ea
  2. Hamiltonian operator
  3. 4eas avatar
  1. 4ea
  2. Hamiltonian operator
  3. Join Date: Sep 2011
  4. Age: 41
  5. Posts: 21,955
  6. Rep Power: 718,144
09-12-2022, 07:35 PM

^^

That. I work with people that are good fookin shooters. I work with people that worry if they are going to qualify. Having a badge doesn't make you an expert.
  1. RgrJNC
  2. Registered User
  3. RgrJNCs avatar
  1. RgrJNC
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: May 2021
  4. Age: 54
  5. Posts: 522
  6. Rep Power: 6,182
09-12-2022, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted By RgrJNC
^^

That. I work with people that are good fookin shooters. I work with people that worry if they are going to qualify. Having a badge doesn't make you an expert.
Post your twig pig qual, twig pig.
This account was created for the purpose of roleplaying and satire. All posts, messages, images, or other media produced by this Bodybuilding.com profile, including stories, names, references to characters and incidents, and views expressed, are fictitious and intended as parody. No identification or association with actual persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, or products is intended or should be inferred.
  1. NuggzTheNinja
  2. Exotic Game Hunter
  3. NuggzTheNinjas avatar
  1. NuggzTheNinja
  2. Exotic Game Hunter
  3. Join Date: Oct 2004
  4. Posts: 28,329
  5. Rep Power: 237,953
09-12-2022, 09:44 PM
That's not bad at all

Most ranges in my area are in the $400-$500 range

If i lived in that area i would most def. get a membership.

It seems more real world situation than firing rounds at a paper target
It's really not bad at all. Yeah, there is a lot of **** here that is really sweet and the range is definitely centered around real world/practical shooting. In fact, there is only a single bench to shoot from in the entire range and that's on the long distance bay, which also has numerous types of barricades/obstacles to shoot from, like mini rooftops, tank barriers, and fake trees. Another bay has a two story building that you can set targets up in various doors and windows to shoot at. There is also a massive mock city set up for simunition training only, no live fire. And so on and so on. Definitely the coolest range I've shot at.

Originally Posted By 4ea
glad to hear you got out of that commie sh_thole of a state.
Thanks, brotha. It's your turn now
Misc Firearms Crew
11B Crew
Beat LA
MAGA
  1. RThoe
  2. Registered User
  3. RThoes avatar
  1. RThoe
  2. Registered User
09-12-2022, 10:43 PM
He certainly cannot bring whatever he wants.

Pistols:

Any pistol, as long as it does not have a threaded barrel.

Rifles:

Must be compliant with California laws. Either apply a magazine lock or pin the stock, remove any vertical foregrips, and add a fin grip. If he wants to deal with the compliance trash later, separate the upper and lower, and run a cable lock through either one to be extra safe. California is as gay as it gets. If its a gun you cant separate like an AK, make sure its compliant with a stupid fin grip to avoid any trouble. Its a felony in Cali.

He cannot bring in pretty much whatever he wants.

He can likely bring in things that you as a current CA resident can't bring in.

I am under the impression that no private transfers are legal in CA, everything must go through an FFL, so, ask a local FFL

Gotcha, been doing a bit more research and its pretty much what you guys said.
Handguns I get., it would be worth it to get something “off roster”, but is there any point of bringing in any rifle, or will it ultimately have to be brought to CA standards, which means you could just buy it in CA anyways? That’s what I’m trying to figure out I guess.
  1. Bigbuster1
  2. 41oz King
  3. Bigbuster1s avatar
  1. Bigbuster1
  2. 41oz King
  3. Join Date: Aug 2013
  4. Posts: 6,594
  5. Rep Power: 86,766
09-13-2022, 12:18 AM
Gotcha, been doing a bit more research and its pretty much what you guys said.
Handguns I get., it would be worth it to get something “off roster”, but is there any point of bringing in any rifle, or will it ultimately have to be brought to CA standards, which means you could just buy it in CA anyways? That’s what I’m trying to figure out I guess.
Rifles will all be downgraded into california trash.

What are big ticket items here are pistols like the scorpion, mp5, kriss vector, AK pistols, etc. Those are impossible to buy, and command a huge premium. MP5K's in Cali go for about 7,000
  1. AyyyLmao69
  2. Banned
  3. AyyyLmao69s avatar
  1. AyyyLmao69
  2. Banned
09-13-2022, 08:49 AM
Mornin’ MFC. We trolling’ the newbs again today?
  1. Bo_Flecks
  2. Registered User
  3. Bo_Fleckss avatar
  1. Bo_Flecks
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: Apr 2008
  4. Posts: 13,918
  5. Rep Power: 346,434
09-13-2022, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted By Bo_Flecks
Mornin’ MFC. We trolling’ the newbs again today?
Nope. Being coerced into silence.
☆ MissChill Appreciation Crew ☆ Owner ☆ Σ ☆
  1. pUniCepts
  2. not considered normal
  3. pUniCeptss avatar
  1. pUniCepts
  2. not considered normal
  3. Join Date: Nov 2010
  4. Age: 53
  5. Posts: 2,551
  6. Rep Power: 2,147,654
09-13-2022, 09:34 AM