Sign in

Forum » More General Categories » Gaming and Technology » Crash Bandicoot 5 was cancelled in favour of live service games, it’s claimed
  1. Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Rate This Thread
08-25-2024, 06:17 AM

Crash Bandicoot 5 was cancelled in favour of live service games, it’s claimed

A new report has claimed that Crash Bandicoot 5 was in development at developer Toys For Bob, but it was canceled due to Activision pulling back on funding single-player titles in favour of live-service multiplayer titles.

According to a new report from gaming historian Liam Robertson, the game, which was in the very early stages of production, was cancelled following what Activision considered as muted sales for Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time.

Around the same time, it’s claimed Activision shot down pitches for other sequels to single-player titles, such as Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater.

The report claims that following Toys For Bob’s work on the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, the company conceptualized a multiplayer Crash title, before deciding to take the work they had done on that multiplayer title and use it to build a new, single-player entry in the Crash franchise. This would eventually lead to Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time.

Following this release, Toys For Bob set a small group of developers the task of envisioning the future of the series, a project that would be referred to internally as Crash Bandicoot 5. This would have been a single-player 3D platformer, and a direct sequel to Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time, it’s claimed.

The report contains alleged concept art and proposed story concepts for the unannounced game, which include the game taking place at a school for villainous children, featuring returning villains from previous games.

One supposed concept even saw Crash team up with Spyro, following an interdimensional threat to both worlds. According to the report, “Crash and Spyro were intended to be the two playable characters.”

Last month, a former Toys For Bob artist claimed that a fifth Crash Bandicoot game was cancelled at the studio.

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy was added to Game Pass earlier this month.
12-5-23
  1. mgftp
  2. Registered Alpha
  3. mgftps avatar
  1. mgftp
  2. Registered Alpha
  3. Join Date: Aug 2008
  4. Location: United States
  5. Posts: 47,271
  6. Rep Power: 965,736
08-25-2024, 07:31 AM
They could tell that dev team to make cod skins, and that would be nor profitable than another crash game
  1. freeburn
  2. Avenger
  3. freeburns avatar
  1. freeburn
  2. Avenger
  3. Join Date: Nov 2010
  4. Posts: 32,385
  5. Rep Power: 311,197
08-25-2024, 12:31 PM
Makes sense

My life between 6-10 years old revolved around riding bikes with my friends and playing crash bandicoot on the rainy days. I loved that ****! But there's no way I would play it now at 32 years old
Self-Proclaimed comedian on the quest for knowledge, currency, and aesthetics.

St Jude donation thread. PM me with donation link for reps…
http://fundraising.stjude.org/site/TR/Hours/Hours?px=2218992&pg=personal&fr_id=18020

~Calisthenics Only Crew~
OllllllO JeepBrah Crew OlllllllO
Instagram @blayde_a I follow back :D
  1. CodeMajic
  2. Registered User
  3. CodeMajics avatar
  1. CodeMajic
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: Jun 2010
  4. Posts: 1,886
  5. Rep Power: 22,291
08-25-2024, 01:37 PM
Seems like a good choice. I’ve never heard anybody say “crash bandicoot” before. Not sure who they think their market is. I think their demographic of methhead boomers is long dead by now. Nobody is playing crash bandicoot.
"Even through the darkest days, this fire burns, always."

The pessimist complains about the wind
The optimist expects it to change direction
The realist adjusts the sails
  1. JustiNtense
  2. Make Misc Great Again
  3. JustiNtenses avatar
  1. JustiNtense
  2. Make Misc Great Again
  3. Join Date: Jul 2006
  4. Location: Houston, Texas, United States
  5. Posts: 36,500
  6. Rep Power: 417,725
08-25-2024, 01:41 PM
Gaming is so gay now.

If you're not trying to be the next Fortnite then shareholders will throw a fit.
  1. WHChampion
  2. Registered User
  3. WHChampions avatar
  1. WHChampion
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: May 2012
  4. Location: Pennsylvania, United States
  5. Posts: 5,847
  6. Rep Power: 57,919
08-25-2024, 01:57 PM
Crazy how we viewed Crash as Sony's Mario.
RIP snails

See Krackerjacked's sig
  1. OptimusTrajan
  2. Anything I want. U mirin?
  3. OptimusTrajans avatar
  1. OptimusTrajan
  2. Anything I want. U mirin?
  3. Join Date: Oct 2013
  4. Posts: 7,380
  5. Rep Power: 103,355
08-25-2024, 04:08 PM
THPS 3+4 getting cancelled was a far bigger blow. Activision deserved to get bought out by Microsoft, such a terribly ran publisher. Only thing they cared about in the end was COD.
  1. JayJ350
  2. Registered User
  3. JayJ350s avatar
  1. JayJ350
  2. Registered User
  3. Join Date: Sep 2017
  4. Location: United States
  5. Age: 36
  6. Posts: 44,531
  7. Rep Power: 275,669
08-25-2024, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted By CodeMajic
Makes sense

My life between 6-10 years old revolved around riding bikes with my friends and playing crash bandicoot on the rainy days. I loved that ****! But there's no way I would play it now at 32 years old
Originally Posted By JustiNtense
Seems like a good choice. I’ve never heard anybody say “crash bandicoot” before. Not sure who they think their market is. I think their demographic of methhead boomers is long dead by now. Nobody is playing crash bandicoot.
what are you brahs on?

the N.Sane remasters were amazingly well done and still hold up to this day, 4 was a really good new entry

shame they canned the plans for 5

Originally Posted By JayJ350
THPS 3+4 getting cancelled was a far bigger blow. Activision deserved to get bought out by Microsoft, such a terribly ran publisher. Only thing they cared about in the end was COD.
so much this

1+2 is probably one of the best games from the last decade, the OG's have always been in my GOAT list and I was a bit skeptical when the remakes got announced but FUAAAARK they are insanely good

looks and feels 100% like a modern game but with a lot of love and respect to the classics, 11/10 remake srs

I was hyped to see 3+4 in the same style but OF COURSE we can't have nice things

sad af srs
+++ miscin' at work crew +++
  1. TokenV
  2. I ❤ TECHNO
  3. TokenVs avatar
  1. TokenV
  2. I ❤ TECHNO
  3. Join Date: Feb 2012
  4. Location: Belgium
  5. Posts: 23,060
  6. Rep Power: 419,901
08-25-2024, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted By OptimusTrajan
Crazy how we viewed Crash as Sony's Mario.
So many r*tarded decisions by Sony

Originally Posted By TokenV
what are you brahs on?

the N.Sane remasters were amazingly well done and still hold up to this day, 4 was a really good new entry

shame they canned the plans for 5

so much this

1+2 is probably one of the best games from the last decade, the OG's have always been in my GOAT list and I was a bit skeptical when the remakes got announced but FUAAAARK they are insanely good

looks and feels 100% like a modern game but with a lot of love and respect to the classics, 11/10 remake srs

I was hyped to see 3+4 in the same style but OF COURSE we can't have nice things

sad af srs
This repped (if can)

Also the remake sold incredibly well.
  1. phaginator
  2. Ayyy lmao
  3. phaginators avatar
  1. phaginator
  2. Ayyy lmao
  3. Join Date: Apr 2013
  4. Posts: 21,346
  5. Rep Power: 122,033
08-26-2024, 01:08 AM